13 million people in Istanbul use transport daily

New official figures have shown that nearly 12.8 million people use transport throughout Istanbul every single day on average.

The statistics showed buses, cars, and taxis carry 11.3 million people daily, representing an 88.3 percent share of all transport in Istanbul. The other 11.7 percent of people using transport in Istanbul choose to use rail systems and sea transport, the figures show.

With the school term officially starting in Istanbul this week, there have been fears of a great mass transport problem in Istanbul with more and more cars on the road. To counter this, the government has announced new plans to fight against congestion in the city. Traffic in Istanbul will always be a problem in a city so large and so populated, the government plans to encourage more and more people to use public transport during school times to avoid more traffic issues in the city.

Advertisements
Comments
3 Responses to “13 million people in Istanbul use transport daily”
Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] The report found that one out of every two people in Western Turkey currently own and operate a vehicle while only one in every 27 people in eastern Turkey currently own a vehicle. […]

  2. […] recent statistics show that 1 in 5 people in Turkey now own a car or automobile. Cities like Istanbul experience major traffic problems in peak hours due to the number of cars on the road. Production of […]

  3. […] people estimated to be living in Istanbul, the city of Istanbul is by far the largest in Turkey. Traffic in Istanbul is famous for being slow and busy – the new mini metro system will hopefully see more people […]



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: